Introduction and Aim
Image Masters, as part of its company commitments, recognises its obligations to comply with the law and to carry out its business in an as environmentally sound manner as possible. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and to continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and core part of our development strategy and operating methods.
It is a priority to encourage our staff, customers, suppliers and all associates to do the same. We believe this is a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
The Educational & School Photography Business utilises 'mountains' of paper and card through its printing, mounting and packaging. Image Masters and Image Masters schools are now actively and positively contributing to a better, greener environment for future generations as we now plant one tree, every year for every school that utilises our photography services.
Our policy is to:
- Fully support, comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice
- Plant one tree, every year for every school that utilises our photography services
- Minimise our waste or reuse and recycle as much of it as possible, by applying reduce, re-use, recycle wherever possible
- Minimise our energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes to conserve and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage and train staff in the use of economical driving practices
- Promote the use of communication alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing
- Apply continuous improvements in respect to air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment, including climate change criteria and local community requirements
- As far as practically possible, purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same
- Assess the environmental impact in advance of any new processes or products we intend to introduce
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires
- Update our Environmental Policy on a regular basis and at least annually, in consultation with staff to review our progress and targets in accordance with best practice